Protecting our employees, contractors and client’s workforce is fundamental to our business. Our products are designed to enable safer construction and maintenance of buildings, utilities and infrastructure, ensuring that projects progress faster, are more productive and more efficient.
We are committed to preventing injury to our people through the development of our global cultural maturity programme. This goal is reflected in our corporate health and safety vision:
Everyone home, injury free, every dayBack to top
Our seven health and safety beliefs
At the very centre of our cultural growth are our 7 cultural beliefs which form the moral basis for our decision making. Each of these beliefs have been used to anchor specific cultural improvement strategies. Our health and safety beliefs are:
1. I will always find time to work safely
2. I am responsible for my own health and safety
3. I am responsible for the safety of my team
4. All hazards must be corrected immediately
5. It’s OK to challenge and it’s OK to be challenged
6. All injuries can and must be prevented
7. Everyone has the right to go home safe and well
We plan to prevent accidents from occurring by employing a multi-component STEP change improvement strategy that aims to:
- Develop our management systems to meet expectations of all our interested parties
- Ensure our tools and equipment are designed, used and maintained to the highest safety standards
- Provide a safe working environment where all interested parties are fully engaged
- Develop our people and embed safe values and behaviours through a cultural maturity program
We control our hazards through the promotion of our Check, Challenge and Correct accident prevention behaviours.
We have established systems in place to manage Health & Safety, including applying a number of leading and lagging indicators to monitor and improve performance that are overseen by our National Leadership Team.
All areas of the business are periodically assessed against our rigorous performance standards and senior executives conduct site tours where they proactively review and discuss Health & Safety issues with people at all levels.
Our business has formal Health & Safety management systems that are certified to ISO 45001, and are also active members of industry sector accreditation schemes including RISQS (Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme) and UVBD (Utilise, Sector Supplies Qualification Scheme).
Our management systems are aimed at establishing industry leading standards across all of our operations, regardless of location.
Our award winning health and safety programme has been recognised by numerous professional bodies across the construction industry. These include:
- Mabey Hire - 2019 - RoSPA Gold Medal for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards
- Mabey Hire - 2018 - RoSPA Gold Medal for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards
- Mabey Hire - 2017 - RoSPA Gold Medal for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards
- Mabey Hire - 2016 - RoSPA Gold Award for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards
- Mabey Hire - 2015 - International Safety Award - Health & Safety Management - British Safety Council
- Mabey Hire - 2015 - RoSPA Gold Award for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards
- Mabey Hire - 2014 - International Safety Award - Health & Safety Management - British Safety Council
- Mabey Hire - 2014 - RoSPA Gold Award for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards
- Mabey Hire - 2013 - RoSPA Gold Award for Occupational Health & Safety - RoSPA awards