Mabey Logistic Support Bridge
The Mabey Logistic Support Bridge (LSB) is the lighter, stronger, modern successor to the original Bailey Bridge developed during World War II. It combines the original benefits of the Bailey Bridge – rapid erection, simple to build, robust modular design and fully interchangeable standard components – with more modern materials, steel decking, integral grillages and a fully adjustable ramp system. The ground beam and grillage system, unique to Mabey, enables construction on greenfield sites with no special preparation required.
The Mabey LSB is primarily used on Main Supply Routes, upgrading these for heavier traffic to replace damaged civilian bridges and to replace temporary assault and general support bridges. Longer span bridges can also be provided using fixed piers or floating pontoons. It is also used as an over-bridge in weakened or damaged bridging applications, and is frequently deployed in emergency response following natural disasters.
The LSB has been constructed, trained on or purchased by more than 75% of NATO nations and several NATO partner nations, and has been adopted by many Armed Forces worldwide. It has been used extensively on operations by the US Army, the US Marine Corps and the US Navy Seabees.
The LSB is supplied with a comprehensive training and support package, delivered by a team of ex-military instructors, who, in addition to their military experience, each have extensive experience of constructing the complete range of Mabey bridges in some of the most inaccessible places in the world.
For more information about the LSB or to find out how you can buy LSB spares and components on line, please contact our Expert.
- Capable of carrying a Main Battle Tank, up to Military Load Class (MLC) 80T, across a clear span of 60m
- Can be built on greenfield sites with minimum preparation
- Pre-engineered modular design
- Rapidly deployed on military transport
- Can be assembled by hand or using light plant
- Easily dismantled and returned to stock after use
- Transported in standard 6m (20ft) and 12m (40ft) ISO containers and on 6m DROPS/PLS 'flat racks'
- Multiple spans possible using fixed piers or floating pontoons
- Can be crane built or cantilever launched
- Optional external pedestrian footwalks
|Module length||Carriageway widths||Number of lanes||Internal pedestrian walkways (m)||Cantilever pedestrian walkways||Finish|
|3.048m||4.2m||1||Up to 0.5m||Up to 1.5m||Hot-dip Galvanised:
BS EN ISO 14713 & 1461
DownloadsBack to top
Welcome to Mabey
Mabey’s US structural shoring, excavation shoring and temporary access solutions and services have been acquired by Sunbelt Rentals. For more information please visit Sunbelt Rentals